Welcome to Louisville Metro Community Services - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) Appointment Scheduler
Households with incomes below $64,000 are eligible for participation in this program. Please note that the IRS does not allow our program to prepare returns that include farm income, income from rental properties or businesses or self-employment income that includes depreciation or that includes expenses for other employees of the business.
There are two ways that you can take advantage of the free tax services:
- Self-File: Click here to access free versions of Turbo Tax or My Free Taxes (H&R Block's product) and click on the Free Online Tax Filing tab which is located near the top of the page. Prepare and e-file your own return. Assistance, if needed, is provided through an 800 number.
- Traditional VITA Service: You schedule an appointment using this site and work with a certified volunteer that will assist you in preparing your return, review it with you and efile it for you when finished.
Here is a list of sites where you can make an appointment:
- Louisville Urban League: 1535 West Broadway,
Through Thursday from Noon until 8PM and Saturdays 9AM until 3PM.
- Salt and Light Community Development: 3025 Gerald Drive,
Monday and Tuesday from 5PM until 9PM
- Sun Valley Community Center: 6505 Bethany Lane,
Tuesday from 10AM until 7PM, Wednesday from 10AM until 4PM and Saturday from 9AM until 1PM
- United Crescent Hill Ministries: 150 State Street,
Friday from 9AM until 3PM
- Wesley House Community Services: 5114 Preston Highway,
Monday and Tuesday from 10AM until 3PM
Here is a list of sites where Walk- in services are available:
Monday Noon until 7PM, Thursday 10AM to 4PM, Saturday from 10AM until 3PM
Thursday 9AM until 7PM
Friday 7PM until 9:30PM, Saturday 9AM until 3PM and Sunday from 3PM until 7PM
Within minutes of making your appointment, you should receive a confirmation email with a calendar appointment attached to the email. In addition, you will also receive a phone reminder the day before your appointment.
Appointments can be changed or canceled at any time on this website. You can also make or cancel an appointment at any time (24/7) using our automated phone system by dialing (502) 305-0005 and following the instructions.